Question: Inspired Led Overhead Kitchen Cabinet Lighting How Much?
- 1 How many lumens do I need under kitchen cabinets?
- 2 How do I choose LED under cabinet lighting?
- 3 What is the best lumens for under cabinet lighting?
- 4 What is the best location for under cabinet lighting?
- 5 Do LED lights make your electric bill high?
- 6 What is bad about LED lights?
- 7 What color should under cabinet lighting be?
- 8 How do you calculate under cabinet lighting?
- 9 Where do LED strips go under cabinets?
- 10 What lights to use on top of kitchen cabinets?
How many lumens do I need under kitchen cabinets?
Under-Cabinet Lighting & Nearby Task Lighting (Lamps) – 175 to 550 Lumens/ ft. Distance Task Lighting (Ceiling Lighting) – 350 to 1200 Lumens/ ft. Indirect Lighting – 375 to 1200 Lumens/ ft. Signage – 500 to 1200 Lumens/ ft.
How do I choose LED under cabinet lighting?
How to Select Under-Cabinet LED Lighting
- Consider LED push lights for temporary or budget-friendly under-cabinet lighting.
- Determine how much light you will need.
- Choose between linear LED lights or pucks, both of which cater to under-cabinet and display lighting.
- Check the CCT rating.
- Pick your color.
What is the best lumens for under cabinet lighting?
For best results, use undercabinet LEDs that put out a minimum 400 lumens per foot; 500 lumens is even better, but harder to find.
What is the best location for under cabinet lighting?
If you want to install under cabinet lighting as task lighting, you should place the strip lights closer to the middle front edge of the cabinets, so the countertop will be exposed to as much light as possible. For ambient or accent lighting, you may want to place them closer to the back edge.
Do LED lights make your electric bill high?
LED strip lights do not cost a lot of electricity compared to traditional incandescent lights. Consumption is directly determined by the length of the strip light and its light density. A standard 5-meter strip will cost less than $3 a year to run, on average.
What is bad about LED lights?
LED lights emit light from the short-wave, high-energy blue and violet end of the visible light spectrum. The AMA says that life-long exposure of the retina and lens to blue peaks from LEDs can increase the risk of cataract and age-related macular degeneration.
What color should under cabinet lighting be?
For kitchen applications, we strongly recommend a color temperature between 3000K and 4000K. Why? Well, lights below 3000K will cast a very yellowish-orange hue, which can make color perception a bit difficult if you are using the area for food prep, so we don’t recommend any lighting below 3000K.
How do you calculate under cabinet lighting?
How to Measure for an Under-Cabinet Light
- Measure the length of your wall cabinets.
- Divide the length measurement in half to locate the center point of your wall cabinets.
- Look underneath the wall cabinet where you placed your center mark.
Where do LED strips go under cabinets?
When you have all your light strips up, you may need to hide the wires on the connectors. There should be little stick-on plastic clips in your light kit just for that purpose. Then, you just need to attach the box up underneath the cabinet. Some of them can be screwed to the bottom of the cabinet.
What lights to use on top of kitchen cabinets?
For a nice, warm glow, just use two strands of LED battery-powered lights on top of the kitchen cabinets. LEDs are inexpensive and you can purchase them at any home and garden center. Just place one strand of LEDs along the wall and the other strand behind the crown molding.