Quick Answer: How To Read Kitchen Cabinet Plans?
- 1 How do you read cabinet measurements?
- 2 What do cabinet numbers mean?
- 3 How do you estimate kitchen cabinets?
- 4 How do I identify my cabinet model?
- 5 Are 42 inch cabinets too tall?
- 6 What is standard cabinet width?
- 7 What are the standard sizes for kitchen cabinets?
- 8 What is the standard height of upper kitchen cabinets?
- 9 What is the price per linear foot for kitchen cabinets?
- 10 How many linear feet are in a kitchen cabinet?
- 11 How much should a 10×10 kitchen remodel cost?
- 12 How do I know if my cabinets are wood or laminate?
- 13 Do kitchen cabinets have to go to the ceiling?
How do you read cabinet measurements?
The standard depth of wall cabinets is 12″, so they do not include that in the item number or code. Most wall cabinets will have the following format: W2430 In this example, the W identifies that it is a wall cabinet, 24 indicates the width of 24″, and the 30 indicates a height of 30″.
What do cabinet numbers mean?
The 24 number next indicates the width of the cabinet, and the 30 indicates a height of 30 inches. In any rare cases where the depth is something other than the standard 12 inches, the depth will be added at the end – so a W243024 would be 24 inches wide, 30 inches tall, and 24 inches deep.
How do you estimate kitchen cabinets?
The formula to determine a 10′ x 10′ price is to add the cost for all of the cabinets on the list for that small, basic kitchen, and then divide the total dollars by 20 linear. The result is an estimate of dollars per linear foot.
How do I identify my cabinet model?
Who Made My Cabinets?
- Identify your cabinets’ brand.
- Check the sides of the drawer boxes.
- Check behind the drawer boxes for brand or additional information.
- Check underneath your wall cabinets or side panel in your sink base cabinet.
- Check your sink base cabinet for a KCMA Label.
Are 42 inch cabinets too tall?
8 ) Good designers almost never use 42″ high wall cabinets and would NEVER use anything higher. Builders and amateurs use these heights to maximize cabinetry not realizing that the higher height looks out of proportion and gives little added space benefit.
What is standard cabinet width?
Width- 12-36 inches. Standard width for a single or double door wall cabinet is generally available in widths from 9″ to 36″, we carry them in increments of 3″ (i.e., 9″, 12″, 15″).
What are the standard sizes for kitchen cabinets?
Standard kitchen cabinet heights include 12, 15, 18, 30, 36 and 42 inches tall; depth ranges from 12 to 18 inches. Typically installed 18 inches above countertops, 54 inches above floor and 24 inches above stove.
What is the standard height of upper kitchen cabinets?
The average wall or upper kitchen cabinets are 30”-42” in Height, 12”-24” in Depth, and 9”-36” in Width.
What is the price per linear foot for kitchen cabinets?
Pricing wise, they’re listed in order—stock cabinets are cheapest, at around $60 to $200 per linear foot, semi-custom cabinets will run you around $100 to $650 per linear foot, and custom cabinets usually cost between $500 and $1,200 per linear foot.
How many linear feet are in a kitchen cabinet?
The average homeowner can expect to pay $500 to $1,200 per linear foot for custom cabinets or $12,500 to $30,000 for the average kitchen with 25 linear feet.
How much should a 10×10 kitchen remodel cost?
10×10 Kitchen Remodel Cost Breakdown A 10×10 square feet kitchen can cost you between $15,000 and $30,000. If broken down to the area’s price per square foot, it will cost you between $75 and $150 per square foot.
How do I know if my cabinets are wood or laminate?
Check the edges of the doors and drawers. If they are solid wood, you’ll see end grain on the tops and bottoms. If they’re laminated, you’ll see edging material with a longitudinal wood grain, which looks unnatural.
Do kitchen cabinets have to go to the ceiling?
The kitchen cabinets and molding do not go to the ceiling and the wall cabinets and trim will be just below the ceiling. Any crown molding or trim will continue around the room, above the cabinetry.