Quick Answer: What Is The Standard Depth Of A Kitchen Base Cabinet?
- 1 How deep are kitchen base cabinets?
- 2 What is the typical standard depth of most kitchen cupboard base cabinets?
- 3 What are the dimensions of a standard kitchen base cabinet?
- 4 What are the different depths of base cabinets?
- 5 How do I reduce the depth of my base cabinets?
- 6 How high should kitchen cabinets be from countertop?
- 7 What is the standard cabinet depth?
- 8 What is standard countertop depth?
- 9 How do you measure for base cabinets?
- 10 What is the standard size of a kitchen drawer?
- 11 What is the standard size of a corner cabinet?
- 12 How do you measure corner base cabinets?
- 13 Are 42 inch cabinets too tall?
How deep are kitchen base cabinets?
A standard base cabinet should be 24 inches or 61 cm in depth. Since refrigerator manufacturers now make deeper fridges, it directly creates a need for deeper countertops or cabinets. If your kitchen isn’t too large, there are base cabinets as small as 12 inches in depth which can fit into tiny spaces in the kitchen.
What is the typical standard depth of most kitchen cupboard base cabinets?
Base cabinets: Rest on floor to support countertop. Typically, between 34 1/2 to 36 inches tall and 24 to 30 inches deep.
What are the dimensions of a standard kitchen base cabinet?
The standard size of a base cabinet is 34.5 inches tall without the countertop and 36 inches with the countertop. The toekick portion, which is the bottom part of the cabinet that sits on the floor, measures 4.5 inches.
What are the different depths of base cabinets?
Base cabinets – typically 24″ deep (also 12″, 15″, 18″) and 34 1/2″ tall (countertops add 1 1/2″ to make the finished height 36″). Upper/Wall cabinets – mostly 12″ deep (also 15″, 18″, 24″) and 12″, 15″, 18″, 24″, 30 ” (typical), 36″, 42″ tall.
How do I reduce the depth of my base cabinets?
You can reduce the depth of your wall cabinets by cutting them down.
- Measure the amount you would like to cut off the wall cabinets from the back of the cabinet and mark it with a pencil.
- Draw a line around the entire cabinet using a straight-edge and a pencil.
- Cut the back of the cabinet off using a circular saw.
How high should kitchen cabinets be from countertop?
The Standard Kitchen Cabinet Height Past cabinets show that it is standard to install cabinets about 18 inches off the countertop, but it’s becoming more popular to hang cabinets a bit higher for more space, such as 20 inches or more.
What is the standard cabinet depth?
Standard wall cabinets are generally 24 inches in depth.
What is standard countertop depth?
Countertops in many home stores are sold by the linear foot not a square foot, which is 12 inches by 12 inches. A linear foot is 12 inches wide and 25 inches deep because the standard depth of kitchen countertops is 25 inches.
How do you measure for base cabinets?
Lay the tape measure along the bottom of the cabinet; place the end against the back of the cabinet, then pull out the tape until the front edge of the cabinet to find the front-to-back (depth) measurement. Next, measure the total outer width of your cabinet.
What is the standard size of a kitchen drawer?
Kitchen drawers, or drawer boxes, correspond with the size of your cabinets and their intended uses: For base cabinets, drawers range 6-36″ in width, 4-10″ in height, and just under 24-36″ deep, depending on the depth of the base cabinet (which could also be the island).
What is the standard size of a corner cabinet?
The size of a corner kitchen cabinet will ultimately depend on where it is mounted. The standard sizes for corner wall cabinets are 24 inches wide and 30, 36, or 42 inches high. Corner base cabinet standard sizes are 33 or 36 inches wide and 34.5 inches high.
How do you measure corner base cabinets?
Measure from the corner of the wall to the outside edge of the base cabinet on the right side of the corner cabinet. Use a tape measure to get an accurate measurement of the distance. Measure from the corner of the wall to the outside edge of the cabinet on the left side of the corner cabinet.
Are 42 inch cabinets too tall?
8 ) Good designers almost never use 42″ high wall cabinets and would NEVER use anything higher. Builders and amateurs use these heights to maximize cabinetry not realizing that the higher height looks out of proportion and gives little added space benefit.